Monday, September 05, 2016

Happy September

The kids go back to school tomorrow.  Sophie in Grade 7 and Fynn in Grade 4.  Part of me is filled with a bit of dread as it means my summer of not being a taxi will be officially over.  The kids have been mostly independent all summer....walking or using public transportation except for when they needed to be dropped off/picked up at summer camps.

Sophie is starting competition dance classes this fall so that means more taxi cab work for me.  I suppose Vic and I will survive with the "divide and conquer" approach that seems to serve us well.  He primarily ensures Fynn is at his hockey practices and I look after Sophie and her dance commitments.

On the personal side, I am looking forward to a senior level HR program that I am starting through UCLA distance this fall.  It's been awhile since I did a more formal program for work, so it will feel good to get back into something structured.  We also have a trip to Disneyland coming up.  Not ideal to take the kids out of school 2 weeks into the school year, but this is a "redo" of the trip we messed up last May due to Fynn's expired passport.  Eek.  Just thinking about that fills me back with dread.





No comments: