Wednesday, January 14, 2009

“Eat a live frog every morning, and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.” -Mark Twain

This is a classic line from Mark Twain that says that if you eat a live frog first thing in the morning, you should be able to handle the rest of the day. So, you should do the most difficult things first.

I live this each morning when I get Sophie and Fynn up, fed, dressed and ready to go to daycare. It is by far my biggest hurdle of the day. Fynn does not like having his diaper changed or getting out of his PJs (some days he has gone to daycare in his PJs) and Sophie is a chronic dawdler. She is slowly getting into the habit of dressing herself, and I have to sit on my hands to stop myself from stepping in and doing it for her.

When we are all buckled into our vehicle, I know I've "eaten my frog."

What is your frog?

1 comment:

Katy said...

I love this quote. There is a website, or blog, centered around this idea somewhere.
Mine is also getting everyone out the door, on time.