Sunday, January 25, 2015

Resting, unwinding

Dictionary dot com's definition of unwinding is "to reduce the tension of; relax:".  That was dthe build definitely how I viewed this weekend. I had a number of projects at work to deal with last week, including a presentation that I was stressing out over.  By the time Friday rolled around and the bulk of the work week was behind me, I needed to distress in a big way.

I am a homebody and a creature of habit.  As much as I like going places and seeing new things, I also like to spend some weekends during the year at home.  On Friday were went to a movie (Wild) with some friends.  On Saturday, Vic took Fynn to his hockey games in Sicamous and while Sophie was at her acrobatic class, I had a free hour to myself to have a latte and read a magazine.  In my life before kids, I took that time for granted and had no idea that when I didn't have the freedom or luxury of doing it whenever I wanted how much I would miss that feeling.  I got a bit of that feeling back on Saturday morning.

Later that day we hung out at home and that was simple and nice.  No trips to the ski hill, no more gear to load and unload.  Today Fynn had more games in Sicamous for his tournament and I had time with Sophie at home.  She had some math tutoring - which to me is like a brain spa day, as her tutor has a nice voice to listen to and I can sit and listen or can read a book.  Bliss.  Sophie had a friend over after lunch so I got a chance to do a bit more reading, prepped a bit for my book club meeting this week,  did some laundry and put fresh sheets on our bed and went for a walk -- we have had beautiful sunshine -- it was so nice to be on my schedule.  I washed my car -- that in itself was a spa for my car as the dirt and mud from our winter roads is disgusting.

Just a nice day of doing not too much of anything special.

No comments: