Tuesday, January 09, 2007

i'm an irresponsible mother...

i've lost one of sophie's library books.
this one.

we've looked all over our house, i've asked my mom to look through her house and my SIL Joanne to look in her house. we think it came down to our relatives' place over Christmas, but i can't be certain.

i felt guilty telling the librarian tonight that i think i've lost a book. "how much will i owe?" I asked. "That depends on the book," said she. Turns out it is only about $7, but still, i feel like a schmuck. in all my years of holding a library card, i've never lost a book. ever.

now considering that we go to the libary each week, and on average i take out about 5-6 books each time for sophie, this was bound to happen eventually, right?

fingers crossed it will still show up.

5 comments:

nadine jenine said...

$7 isn't too bad, but i know the feeling. i always hated having late fees!

Anonymous said...

irresponsible;
—synonyms : unreliable, undependable, thoughtless.
sheri, these things are anything but you. you are a terrific mom and like you said the odds were against you with all your numerous library borrowing. just think of it as a lost sock in the wash. it has to turn up sooner or later somewhere...

Sheri said...

thanks you guys!

Susie said...

that's it, the library card is revoked.

just kidding. I am SURE it will turn up. I am expecting that to happen around here at some point. Of course, with my luck, it will be a fifty dollar book. WHat's that in Canadian dollars?

Anonymous said...

I bet it will show up, especially now that you paid for it. ;) I think that you have a pretty good track record.