Wednesday, January 10, 2007

5 for Wednesday

(there is no number that starts with "w", so I hope you will forgive my 5):

1. I bought a $3.98 forced hyacinth plant that will soon flower from Safeway. on my desk at work. i need spring.

2. I've ordered sophie birthday invites from here.

3. I need a KICK-BUTT book suggestion for my next book club. Not sure if The Last Days of Dogtown by Anita Diamont is the right pic -- I'm hearing mixed reviews.
anyone, help?

4. My employer is up for a Work-Life Balance award. We are a finalist. I'm going to Vancouver in February for the awards. I'm excited as my department has been heading up these initiatives.

5. i'm getting a manicure tomorrow. yippee.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sheri,
You may want to look at 'The Birth House' by Ami McKay. I remember when it first came out last year it intrigued me but I never got a chance to read it. It was on the Heather's Picks list at Chapters/Indigo. Read the reviews on the chapters.ca website for more info on if it will fit your book club needs. And it was just recently released in softcover edition. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Oops! Sorry Sheri, it comes out in trade in March. But a good pick for the future if needed.

nadine jenine said...

have you read the secret life of bees in your book club yet? it is an amazing book.

michelle_d said...

Congrats on your accomplishments at work. That's quite a big deal. Enjoy your manicure tomorrow. You deserve it!

Anonymous said...

Sheri, my little bookclub read Water For Elephants by Sara Gruen a couple of months ago and we were all, (4 of us) blown away. Last month we read "the curious incident of the dog in the night-time" by Mark Haddon. Very interesting.
Let us know what you pick!