Monday, April 06, 2009

crazy busy weekend



I feel like I'm just catching my breath now.

I was in a Communications Workshop (basically public speaking) from Friday - Sunday at 2pm. It was a great course and it's felt like a long time since I've been able to devote that much unfettered time to my own development for work. My final speech could be on anything of our choosing. I chose to talk about my passion for scrapbooking (go figure).

Vic had a busy weekend with the kids needless to say. We had a get together with some of the parents on Saturday night for kids that are going into French Immersion kindergarten and then I needed to finish up my speech for my class the next day, so it was a late night for me.

When I pulled up at 2pm on Sunday after the workshop Vic was ready for a break. I grabbed the kids and we went to a birthday party at our public pool for Sophie and a little friend of hers.

Looking forward to a little bit of downtime at Easter.

1 comment:

Mary Jo said...

I know the feeling! :0)
You are brave though. I have never, ever been good at public speaking. Especially in front of adults. Teaching was no big deal, but those little ones loved me no matter how many times I goofed :0)