Sunday, February 16, 2014

Ski day #9

We had a nice weekend.  On Saturday, Sophie was a participant in the "Home Alone" course that Okanagan College brought in.  The provides kids with the skills and knowledge to be safe and responsible when home alone for short periods of time.
  • Understand responsibilities when being home alone;
• Demonstrate what to do in case of an emergency and how and when to call 911;
• Understand the basics of first aid procedures.
She had to complete an exam and she passed and got a little wallet card.  Very proud of her and it gives us more confidence when she is left home alone after school during the week.

Then on Saturday night we went out for dinner with Vic's brother and his wife for Adam's 50th birthday. 

Today we headed up to Silver Star for our 9th ski day.  Fynn had his 7th lesson (racing raccon) and Sophie skied with us.  A bit windy but all good.

****
In other news, Sophie got her braces spacer today.  It has really impacted her speech and right now she is eating mostly soft food or smoothies.  I have heard that in a few days her speech will improve once she gets used to it.  I had a mole that my dermatologist thought should be removed.  It was on my left arm, and a few stitches later it is gone.  I suspect it is nothing to worry about, but as my doctor said "why tempt fate."

1 comment:

Mary Jo said...

I agree! Better safe than sorry. I keep meaning to go get a few moles checked. This is a good reminder.

I wonder if there is a class like that here that Evan could take.