Wednesday, October 02, 2013

making plans

I am thinking about 2014 and what it will hold. I know there is still another 3 months left of 2013 (thank goodness!) and I want to enjoy each day, I also want to think about what I hope to accomplish next year.

I am also looking back at our 2013 Family Priority Goals that we set in early January of this year:

Sophie:
- complete her session of gymnastics winter session. She started her first after school gymnastics class through Momentum Gymnastics this Wednesday. In typical Sophie fashion she was quite apprehensive at first but when she was finished she was beaming and told me how much she loved it. (DONE)
- complete 2-3 ski lessons (DONE)
- increase her ability to read her piano music. Sophie plays by ear and while it sounds fine, it is not a good habit to have. (Yes, improvement was made)

Fynn:
- have more playdates. He has only had 1 or 2 in the past and that was quite awhile ago. He has made friends with a little guy in the other Kindergarten class. I contacted his mom, and he is coming over to play this Sunday (Yes, he did at least one play date in late Spring with Max)
- join soccer this spring. He is starting to talk about it already. (YES - big hit)
- 2-3 ski lessons. (DONE)
Sheri:
- I really want to improve my French. Not only to keep up with Sophie but because I want to visit France and having a goal keeps me focused. I signed up through our Education Outreach Program through our school district for the Rosetta Stone program. I got my earphones today and password to log on to the program. I am excited to get going! (yes, still a work in progress. I am just over half way through the program and have to renew the learner contract for one more year).

Vic:
- He has been talking about doing some volunteer work. I don't think he has sorted it out or figured it out completely, but I am hoping he can find something he enjoys and is rewarding. Something that is completely different than his work/business would be energizing, I think. (He did get involved with his swim club, and is actively involved in the Parking Committee and TCH Corridor Safety committee)

Family:
- we are determined to take a road trip to Calgary this summer. We really want to take the kids through Banff and then head on to Calgary and check out the highlights (the zoo!). (This changed to a summer vacation to the Oregon Coast - likely a good move considering the floods in Calgary this summer).

Us:
- Vic and I have talked about how we want to take in more art related performances (we would love to go to a "lite" symphony) but we just need to find the right one. (Haven't done this yet)
- We are going on a trip with our friends Bryan and Patti to San Francisco in May. We are planning and plotting that out now. For now that is the focus. (Yes, DONE - great trip. We also did our Chicago trip but it was not a couples' trip, instead a family one).

Feels very good to check in on the goals and see how we are doing.




You might also like:

No comments: