Wednesday, January 02, 2013

2012 Priority Goals - how I (we) did

On Dec 30, 2011, I came up with a list of Family Priority Goals. Many the goals were directed at things I needed to do, but there were also some "couple goals" and some family ones as well.

Here is the recap:
Family
1. Read to Fynn daily. This fell off the rails over the Christmas holidays. I would say it was hit and miss even before that. I was much more diligent about this with Sophie, but haven't been so good with it for Fynn.
2. Have a family walk or bike ride (when weather is warmer) once a week.I would say we have done quite well with this. Either a walk, sledding, or hike.
3. Do more art with Sophie. I would say that I have helped encourage this with Sophie. She had her art themed 8th birthday last February, she has her own set of pastels and she now has a doodle book which she is using regularly. We also took both kids to a gallery opening this fall.

4. Volunteer once before the end of the school year at Sophie’s school. I did one activity in the last bit of Sophie's school year in Grade 2. I can't say I have done any volunteering yet for either of them, but I am planning on doing a field trip to City Hall with Sophie's class this year.
5. Set weekly date nights with Vic. We have done well with this. We saw several movies which we actually kept a record of and we did our final date night of 2012 at a nice restaurant in Osoyoos.

Health
1. Exercise everyday. I would say I exercise everyday, with only the odd miss.
2. Find a trainer so I can add basic weight-training and strength exercises weekly.Didn't happen.
3. Drink at least two glasses of water a day. I know that is really low, but better than what I am doing now. Much more aware of this and I am doing better.
4. Get minimum 7hours of sleep every night and 8 on the weekends. I would say this is generally okay.
5. Only 1-2 lattes per week (I am allowed a Tim’s each workday however). I stopped my regular latte habit for several months but then we got a Starbucks in town and that didn't help. Still I only drink coffee at work. Lattes are treats only.

Work
I have some work goals that I am working on formulating still, so I won’t post here.

Create/Art/Photography
1. Complete one scrapbook layout a month. I have really not done much scrapbooking since Fynn turned 1. Just some birthdays and milestones. I would like to do more of the everyday. A creative release is good for the soul.I am still scrapbooking but only milestones. That kind of bums me out, but I really can't seem to get inspired to do anything more than that now.
2. Learn how to take some photos with my new micro lens . Enrol in a Shutter Sisters class. Yes, did experiment with my new lens! Did not take a Shutter Sisters course.

Travel
1. A trip for Vic and I to Amsterdam. Amsterdam didn't happen, but Vic and I went to Ottawa. Really enjoyed that!
3. A fun family trip with my extended family to Disneyland in the fall.Yes, this happened.
4. A spring break trip to Vancouver Island. This didn't happen as both Vic and I got very sick last Spring Break. However, we made it to Vancouver Island in the summer. It was really nice.
5. A trip to Barkerville in the summer with our friends Bryan and Patti. We decided Fynn was too young for such a long drive. Maybe another summer.

Reading
1. Read a book every two weeks. Continue to request / order books from the library to ensure I am reading what I want and not leaving my selections to chance.Yes, I did this and exceeded it! My book club has really helped bring this even further up. Love it!

Learning
1. Take one class non work related locally. Don’t know what about yet.Yes, Vic and I did the Moma Art course. Loved it!

Community (This is a particularly hard one for me.)
1. Continue to go out for breakfast on Fridays with Vic, Bryan and Patti. Yes! We do this regularly.
2. Make a coffee date with Kim (1 per quarter). Didn't happen, although I made an effort to visit her at Christmas time.
3. Leave comments on blogs I read once a week. Yes.

Home
1. Work on (work in progress) making the front study/piano/sitting room homier. Art work, a carpet/rug.We purchased some art. Still a work in progress.
2. Locate and purchase a carpet/rug for our bedroom.Yes, we have new art and a rug. All good.
3. Art for kids play area. No progress here.

I think we did fairly good and it was fun to document our progress. I will be writing up a blog post in the next couple of days about our 2013 Family Priority Goals.

No comments: