Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Priorities

One of my 2012 priorties was the following:

Volunteer once before the end of the school year at Sophie’s school. That doesn’t seem like much, but it is hard for me to get away from the office. I have read that parents who are involved with their kids schools have kids that do better in school.

When Sophie's teacher asked if any parents / friends/ family could come to the school and speak about any trips to Asia, she would love it as the kids were learning about other countries. Our friend Patti spent 3 weeks in China a couple of years ago. Patti is a great presenter, so I asked if she would like to come and speak to Sophie's class. Happily she did and the kids really enjoyed learning more about China. While I wasn't the one doing the actual volunteering, I tagged along with Patti and helped her set up, so I feel like my goal of volunteering and spending more time at Sophie's school is met.

No comments: