Thursday, June 23, 2011

teeth

I had my root canal treatment today in Kamloops. Vic drove me up to my appointment (how said that our "date" is a drive to a root canal appointment). Dr. McLean did my procedure - he specializes in endontics (root canals) and did one for me a few years ago. He is extremely good but charges a pretty penny (like $1200) and that does not inlude the permanent crown I have to have inserted next week in Salmon Arm.

The guy is super duper smart - I found his bio on line:

Dr. Alex McLean practices endodontics in Kamloops, B.C. Graduating from the UBC School of Dentistry in 1980 he was in general practice for 21 years prior to pursuing graduate endodontics at Nova Southeastern University in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Dr. McLean has taught at both the pre-doctoral and graduate level in endodontics, and has published articles the restoration of endodontically treated teeth and the structural impact of post space preparations. Dr. McLean is currently involved in research into rotary instrumentation. He is a fellow of the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Canada and a registered Professional Engineer in the province of British Columbia with a degree in Mechanical Engineering.

Anyway, teeth are big business. For now, I am waiting for my extra strength Advil to kick in because my poor gums have been bruised up with the several needles he game me.

No comments: