Wednesday, April 13, 2011

down in the big city

I am in Vancouver today and will be here until Friday at the HRMA (HR) conference. It is usually a pretty good conference and the final speaker on Friday is Dr. Brene Brown who's website/blog I follow. She's quite amazing to hear (I have just heard her on TV) so it will be cool to hear her in real life. The flight down was amazingly quick. 39 minutes. You can't beat that when it is typically over 4 hours by car. I love flying to Vancouver. It's easy-peasy!

I wandered along Robson Street this afternoon and mostly did a lot of browsing. I found a little scarf for myself to go with my spring trench coat -- trying to find a scarf for $20 is a challenge, but I did it. The prices are typically high in most of the stores on Robson but there were sales to be had.

It's off to order room service for dinner and then to look forward to a full day of sessions tomorrow.

No comments: