Monday, January 31, 2011

things I am grateful for


late at night, after the kids are in bed, and I am exhausted, I start to think about what I am grateful for. little things and some good people:

- that Vic and I went to the gym together this afternoon. we haven't been together at the gym in like 8 years!
- Shelly, our babysitter. I have a hectic day in mid February and I need a sitter in the evening. I called her tonight and she is able to take the kids at her house that evening.
- Sophie's tutor Susie. she is a gem. sophie likes her and she is really great at French.
-Brandy, the woman who cuts the kids hair. Sophie "needed" to have her bangs cut on Friday so I booked an appointment (only 2 weeks since she last had it cut) and Brandy happily snipped them for free.


That's it for today. I need to do this more often. There is an old prayer that says: Count your blessings, name them one by one. And it will surprise you what the Lord has done.

1 comment:

Mary Jo said...

I do that a lot.
Count my blessings.
Especially on the rougher days.
It's so good to have good people in our lives :)