Wednesday, June 16, 2010

la vida loca

Today was crazy.
It started out normally enough, but I knew that it was going to be jam packed.

Here was the schedule:
Wake up at 7am. Notice that Sophie is still asleep which is unusual since she is usually up by 6:50am. Eat my breakfast and then limp up the stairs to wake her up (I did something to my ankle in my fitness class).

Get Sophie set up with her breakfast and cartoon since there is no way I am going to deal with a cranky 6 year old. TV is a must. Get showered, dressed, etc.

Luckily Sophie is getting much better about getting herself completely dressed without prompting. All that I need to do is brush her teeth and do her hair. Give lots of kisses to Fynn who is now waking up. Vic will worry about him now.

Arrive at her school (usually 7:55am - 8:05am). Stay with her until the 2nd bell and give a big hug. Drive down to work and if I have time grab a Tim's because that is the only cup of coffee I'll get all day.

Run up to my office. Whew, I'm exhausted and I haven't even started working yet.

Work, have meetings, do more work, etc. At 5:30pm leave the office to pick up the kids from daycare. I wanted to go to the gym but tonight is a Canadian Parents for French meeting and I have no time for a workout.

Race home, eat dinner, say good bye to Vic as he heads out to swimming.

Take Sophie and Fynn to my meeting for 7pm. NOT the best option but it is my only option right now. I brought toys and they manage to not kill each other or the meeting place. I'm the secretary for the group so I have to bring my laptop and take minutes. A bit of a hassle, oh well.

Leave the meeting at 8pm, race home, get the kids into their bath while Vic gets their sandwiches for tomorrow made. Read a story, give them each a bed time snack. Off Fynn goes to a much needed and overdue sleep. It's also past Sophie's bedtime by now, but tomorrow I'm going into her Kindergarten class to do a craft and we need to "practice" it tonight, so she is my guinea pig. It is from a kit and it worked out well.

Pushing 9pm - get her into bed, read her 1 chapter of her Arther book and then lights out.

Put away some laundry, pack my gym bag for tomorrow, clean up from our craft and finish up their lunches.

Finally sit down at almost 10pm for desert with Vic and some TV.

Most days I am bordering on overwhelmed - today was one of those days.

No comments: