Thursday, March 26, 2009

i was a really good mom until i had kids...


I've mentioned how I enjoyed reading this book before.

It gets at all of the guilt, myths and unreasonable expectations we put on ourselves as mothers.

This morning, for instance, was a morning straight out of HELL.
Sophie and Fynn pushed every button I had and made up a few new ones in the process.

1. Fynn pooped and I ran out of wipes (my problem, I know).
2. Sophie freaked out when I did her hair in a ponytail that she didn't approve of.
3. Sophie freaked out when Fynn turned over her Polly Pockets car and all these little "Polly-bits" spilled everywhere.
4. Fynn cried and cried for no apparent reason.
5. He showed little interest in breakfast.
6. Fynn decided he wanted to play "plumber" and pull out our plunger, toilet scrubber and whatever else he could get his hands on while I was putting on my makeup.

Oh, and yes, I was trying to get myself out the door to take them to daycare and get myself to work at a reasonable hour. Thursdays Vic has a Rotary meeting and I do the morning rush by myself (he did come home and tidy up the house later -- thank you, dear).


I love them, but on mornings like this, they drive me wild!!
Here they are this evening, happily in the bath.

3 comments:

Katy said...

:)Right there with you. :)
(guilty secret... I'm a much better Mom to other people's children then to my own. ;))

Mary Jo said...

Don't we all have those days! I think that's why the book is such a good, easy read.
And let me tell you, I've loaned it out to a ton of people already
:0)

Mary Jo said...

Oh and that cityscape paper is some new American Crafts :0)
I don't typically buy their papers, but they had a few cute ones this time around!