Sunday, February 01, 2009

What I really needed...




This weekend, we went up to Silver Star for our 4th annual weekend with our friends/ski trip. It has really turned into the 4 other adults skiing and Vic and I doing other non-ski related things with Sophie and Fynn, but that's the way it is right now.

We went to Tube Town in the morning and then Sophie surprised us all by asking if she could ski (they have a kids' ski school). So after much mucking about, we got her outfitted in her rentals and she joined her "Ready Teddys" class in a 2 hour lesson.

After that it was my turn for some R and R. I had a booked a pedicure at the spa. Unfortunately, winter boots and pedicures do not mix. "Oh, yes we will put plastic bags over your feet and then slip on your boots. No smudging." Uh, no. My toes were a mess when I took off my boots at the condo. So back I went this a.m. for a fix. A pain. I really needed these funny socks.

2 comments:

Katy said...

Sounds like fun, especially the R and R. :)

michelle_d said...

I got a pedicure a couple weeks ago and wasn't sure how I was going to get home. I ended up wearing the spa flip flops out to the car, IN THE SNOW! Luckily it wasn't -40 or something crazy like that!