Sunday, October 26, 2008

a little bribery...



Poor Sophie.
She loves ballet, but last Wednesday was the day when parents/family/friends could come into the studio and watch the class. I invited my aunt and uncle and of course, Vic.

When she walked into the class with me she started to get extremely self conscious seeing all the people who would be watching. Self consciousness turned into fear which turned into her crying and grabbing my leg. Under no circumstances was she sitting on the sidelines (not when I'd invited people to watch her!!).

So, I bribed her. Under my breath, I muttered to her, "Sophie, if you dance we will go to Zellers later and buy you an Ariel Barbie." Pay dirt. She participated, albeit a tad timidly.

Anyway, the show went on, and so did Sophie.

1 comment:

Mary Jo said...

I was so guilty of that yesterday when I wanted Evan to go to the Botanical gardens with our neighbor and her grandson. I just needed a little bit of a break. So I promised him another pumpkin :0) That always does the trick!