Thursday, December 27, 2018

Christmas 2018

The weeks leading up to Christmas were the usual stressful gauntlet run that I typically do.  The parties, recitals, dance program,s, shopping, and decorating. 

A few things did help this year to keep the month of December a bit more manageable:

- we stayed in Salmon Arm for Christmas and didn't head down to my parents until the 28th.  They visited Salmon Arm which was nice.

- we bought a tree that, I swear, has not dropped a needle yet. It is a Nordman Fir.  It has excellent needle retention and just a light scent so if you have allergies, they are great.

- I did a lot of shopping on line.  It is just plain easier.  I did a bit of local shopping too, so I wasn't guilty of not supporting our local economy.

- I stuck to my tried and true routine for sending out Christmas cards. I get them in the mail early, so even if I don't do anything else, I feel very productive about that.

Here is a photo of a sleigh ride my aunt planned for the family on Christmas Eve. It was lovely.


No comments: