HerHere is an update on my 2016 Intentions/Family Priority Goals: is an update on my intentions or priority goals for 2016:
Things that make me happy:
- learning new things (Learning to play the piano). I have had two classes in piano. Certainly harder than it looks. The kids are taking up most of the weekly piano lessons but I do intend to keep practicing. Just learning where the notes are is hard enough for me right now.
- taking photos of our life (Working on what this might look like. I think I would like to take photos of birds in 2016 -- in addition to the usual subjects I photograph). This is going along okay. Nothing earth shattering, although I think I would like to save for a new portrait lens for this year. The photo below is for a "green" assignment my photo club has going on right now. Reminds me of spring.
- telling our stories (blogging, etc). This is slow going. I was such a good blogger for years, and now if I blog once a month, I am doing well.
- keeping fit (I don't know exactly what this will be, however, I have told Vic I want to do another 10 km in the fall. I have also started to intentionally increase my weights in 2/4 weekly fitness classes). This is probably the goal that I am most excited about. The running is not really coming along for me (weather is usually my excuse). But, I have been keeping up with my 2 x a week CrossFit Lite classes and I love them! I even have gotten Vic to come with me for a few of them. I can see this being the biggest change for me in 2016. I am actually started to get some arm muscle.
- seeing new places
- seeing the kids achieve more than they could have imagined (this is ongoing. Sophie has her Grade 1 Piano exam next week. The goal: to complete and pass the exam in January 2016. So far that is the only goal set). Sophie did complete her exam and did very well - honours! Her piano teacher and I have decided that we will delay the next exam (Grade 2) until June 2017 to allow lots of time for her to really learn the material.