Monday, September 29, 2014

where is the time going?

It's September 29....I can't believe it is only another two days before we head out on our trip to Boston/NYC with the kids.  We have been planning this trip for months and it's finally here.  I feel really good about the itinerary I planned.  There is enough stuff to keep the kids quite happy I think and enough new things that Vic and I will be engaged.

The usual back to school settling in has begun.  Both kids are full steam ahead in their piano lessons.  Fynn just started about 4 weeks ago but he is picking it up.  Sophie has become a nice piano player, but now she is asking me about voice/singing lessons.  We shall see.  Fynn is settling into hockey but it is a bit of a grind -- mostly for Vic who has to ensure he gets there and is geared up.  We take it day by day around here.  I always say if we can get to Christmas we are doing fine and then we reassess the activities again.

Finally, Sophie gets her braces off tomorrow.  That went by pretty fast.  Her teeth are looking good.

I'm taking a break from blogging...back in a couple of weeks.  The photo above is of a walk we took this weekend near the Adams River.

No comments: