Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Around here

Whenever I have a day like the one today, I always say to myself "I have to blog about that" because I am sure my older self will look back and not believe the craziness that made up our days sometimes. I am often so tired at night I postpone writing and then the next day comes and it starts all over again and I forget what I was going to say.

1. I have been thinking about Christmas. How to keep it simple. More blogging on that some other time.

2. Fynn is only a couple of lessons away from wrapping up his swimming lessons. The never ending cycle
of swimming lessons can seem like a bit much, but it is a life skill and it must be mastered - at least to the point where I know he could save himself.

3. I took 3 hours of vacation time (yes, we can book it off by the hour, which is great) so I could be a taxi driver for the kids. Pick Fynn up from school, pick Sophie up from her field trip and deliver her to Dance, drive Fynn to indoor soccer, meet Vic at indoor soccer so he could drive Fynn to his swimming lessons, pick up Sophie, drive to store to buy a small birthday gift for a party Fynn is going to tomorrow. It was exhausting today.

4. I want to do some scrapbooking. I have a photo of Fynn playing with his pirate ship that I really want to scrap, but the days swirl by and I really need to buy some fresh supplies. My stock is really old.

5. I want to get the area rug in our dining room/kitchen cleaned before Christmas. I had it done in the spring and of course it needs it again. I am also waiting to hear back from a store in town that is helping me select a new area rug for our bedroom. The house is a never ending "tweak" of mini projects.

1 comment:

Mary Jo said...

Oh I hope you are able to scrapbook the photo. Would love to see your page.

I feel the same way about swim lessons. Evan was so against them, but for me it wasn't an option. We found this great summer swim camp that was reasonable at a local university. He was swimming in deep water after only a week! Such a relief to me.