Saturday, December 03, 2011

First trip of the season to Silver Star


Sophie was at her 2-night Brownie camp this weekend, and we got a babysitter for Fynn for a few hours so Vic and I could go up to Silver Star. It was the first ski day of the season. Good to check out our equipment, figure out what extra clothing layers we had forgotten (we both got cold towards the end) and re-familiarize ourselves with the mountain.

Fynn and I are having a relaxing afternoon. I've been thinking about how to incorporate more minimalist living into our Christmas preparations.

Each of the kids is getting two gifts (one from Santa and one from mom and dad) and their stockings. I generally limit the Christmas decorations to the tree and the mantle area. I think I will buy a nice pointsetta again this year and that should be good. I think resisting the temptation to buy more ornaments is key.

No comments: