Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Parenting


I came across this book today and the title resonated with me.

I am trying to slow down with the kids. We are getting back in our habit of reading with the kids in the evening. During the summer we got hooked on watching DVD movies many evenings. Right now we are reading together a fun Phinneas and Ferb book that both the kids love, even though it is light on pictures. Fynn still loves the narration.

I need to remind myself that they are just little and their emotions are so in flux. Today was a mess of crying and frustration as we tried to get them out the door. Sophie and her fears of being late (which we are not, and no where close) and Fynn wanting is "Fluffy Duff" (his stuffed dog). I felt bad that they can become so unhappy in the mornings. I want to enjoy their "little hood" and I am trying to relish it. Some days are just harder than others.

1 comment:

Mary Jo said...

Oh my goodness, I am so glad you linked that book. I put it in my cart at Amazon. We aren't overscheduled, but my son definitely deals with anxiety. And I think things are to fast paced sometimes. And with daddy working up closer to you all in Canada :) I think it's been a little harder this time around for the kids.
He is pretty innocent for his age, but I think it's realistic. I find a lot of kids in his class are to grown up :(