Wednesday, March 16, 2011

mid week update

We have had a couple of sick kids over the past 10 days or so. Sophie came down with strep throat early last week and I immediately took her to the ER since it was a Sunday and I didn't want to chance her being sick for school since finding a sitter last minute can be tough. Sure enough the swab confirmed she had strep so I was glad she was on antibiotics. Then earlier this week Fynn started feeling crummy. It escalated last night into a fever. When he woke up this morning he was still warm and we had just run out of Tylenol. Off I drove to the pharmacy at 8am after I had dropped off Sophie to buy some more. Unfortunately for me, Vic was in Vancouver for a quick trip to attend a conference so I was doing my 8am running around with Fynn in the vehicle, since I wanted to get him the Tylenol before he went to daycare.

Vic came home later this afternoon and took Fynn to the walk in clinic where the doctor suspected he may have strep as well so she prescribed antibiotics. He seems to be doing better now with a couple of doses under his belt.

In addition to all of this, I have a back molar that is acting up and I wanted to get it checked out before we went on our vacation in a few days. I had to make a quick trip to the dentist yesterday morning. She confirmed that I have a crack in my tooth and will likely need a crown, but that can wait until June. The tooth has been fine the last day or so, so I should be good for Disneyland. I just shouldn't aggravate it by chewing heavily on it. So far, so good.

Just trying to keep everyone healthy and happy before vacation is always a challenge.

1 comment:

Mary Jo said...

I'm sorry, Sheri!
I hope your babies are doing better.
And that tooth doesn't give you to much trouble!
Hang in there.