Friday, September 24, 2010

a newbie runner




About 4 weeks ago, I started running with Vic. At first it was mostly walking, but then we built it up. There are always hills in Salmon Arm so I had to get used to those pretty quickly. At first I was barely walking them, but then I started slowly inching my way up them.

Now we are hitting about 7 km, 3 x a week and tomorrow we have a "date" (complete with babysitter) to do a longer run, dinner (a freebie thanks to a Facebook contest I entered for a local restaurant) and then a movie. Perfect!

I really like running. Well, sort of. It's hard and I want to quit but not enough to stop because I don't want to go backwards. That's the way it's always been with me about lots of things. Don't go backwards.

p.s. the door mat is a cute little thing I picked up today at Lake Effects. it reminds me of fall.

1 comment:

Joanne said...

Good for you both to keep it up!
And cute little owls just in time for a festive fall!