Thursday, September 03, 2009

getting crafty




Wow, two sewing projects for me twice in one week.

I worked with my talented mom on Fynn's Halloween costume on the weekend and tonight Paula and I created a Halloween banner. This was my inspiration.

Paula is extremely crafty and when I showed her this little project she happily helped me out. I bought the fabric when we were down in Penticton last weekend.

Notice the dualling sewing machines and glasses of Orgeta. A necessity.

Sophie stayed up until 9:30pm - way past her bedtime. She had a hard time breaking away from the fun of what we were doing. I'm really happy with how the project turned out and I learned a few tricks too. It's nice after all those years of school and focusing so heavily on my career to have some time to enjoy other things.

2 comments:

Susie said...

Oh, Sheri- that is ADORABLE! SO crafty!!

Mary Jo said...

Super cute!! :0)
And I liked this on Heather's website, too
http://www.the-lilypad.com/store/product.php?productid=1215&cat=0&page=1
I may need to bookmark her blog again :0)