Sunday, October 20, 2019

10 km - race day!





It's done! Broken down by stats: Sophie placed 21st overall out of over 602 participants! 5/393 females!! She placed 1st in women under 19 with her time of 44:37 chip time, 44:46 official time. A podium placement 🥇

Vic placed 48th overall, 32 for guys and 6th for his age category out of 36. Well done! His time was 49:23 (chip time), 49:33 official time. He did this 49:31 two years ago.

I had a PB that I was really working hard for. 54:24 (chip time), 54:34 official time. I was 104th overall, 46th for females out of 393 and 6th in my age category out of 65. I did this race in 58:39 two years ago. It was hard. Really hard and had nothing left in my tank but very pleased with my race. 

Thoughts for next time:  it helped to stay in Kelowna the night before.  We stayed at the Grand, so no parking hassles.  We just walked to the race.  A light jog also seemed to help as we walk/ran to warm up.  No coffee before the race, but Aleve helps (no tummy troubles).  To increase my time, I will need to do some tempo runs at my lactate threshold.  I was hurting and even though I shaved 4 minutes off my time (which is huge) I ended completely spent with nothing, NOTHING in the tank.  I am very tired.


No comments: