Tuesday, March 10, 2009

brown bagging it


Remember when lunch bags were brown bags?

I pack Sophie and Fynn their lunch (Fynn's is the blue bag, Sophie's the pink, mine is the yellow one) every day. Lunch is usually leftovers or a sandwich, fruit and yogurt. And a juice box for Sophie. Their daycare provides them with two snacks per day, so they certainly don't go hungry.

Two or three days a week, I pack my own, too. I figure I save about $7.00 a day by bringing my own lunch to work.

I wish I could say that Sophie and Fynn go off to daycare with bento style lunches, but these will have to do for now.

3 comments:

Joanne said...

I thought Sophie had a bento box. I am on the lookout for on locally. They are great!

Sheri said...

hi joanne - she does have a bento box, but we aren't using it right now.

Mary Jo said...

those boxes are great, but Evan would never eat half the stuff in the picture on the website :0)