Saturday, August 16, 2008

our trash is someone's treasure?


Apparently, some of it was today.

In preparation for moving in a couple of weeks, we had a garage sale today.

We profited $61.50.

When you do it by selling items priced at .50 - 1.00, I guess that isn't too bad. It is a lot of work.

The stuff we sold included:
- quite a bit of little girl clothes
- a little bit of baby boy things
- a couple of hard cover books
- wind chimes
- 2 lawn chairs (10+ years old)
- a few knick/knacks
- a stuffed animal
- an electric frying pan
- the few remaining pieces of my toy tea set I had as a kid. Sophie has broken most of them, so I bought her a new one at Ikea this Spring. She wanted to "sell" the old set. Her little .50 sale!

The rest of the stuff that didn't sell is going to the Salvation Army.
Glad we did it, but very glad it is over with!!!

2 comments:

Susie said...

My neighbor said she had a garage sale in the spring and it brought in like $900 - I WONDER what she was selling! Glad you had a successful day :)

Joanne said...

Out with the old... in with the new... New home that is!
Good job on a sale well done, they are a lot of work!