Thursday, June 26, 2008

today was a fairly typical day...



> 7:30am: Wake up to Fynn needing me; Sophie needing breakfast, getting her dressed and ready for daycare when daddy gets back from his early morning Rotary meeting at 8:00.

> 8:15am: Sophie and Vic out the door. Realize that Vic has forgotten her swimsuit. Realize that I will not be having a leisurely morning drinking coffee as I need to get her swimsuit to daycare. Phone daycare to let them know I'm on my way with it. They also remind me that today is tie-dye day and Sophie does not have a white t-shirt (I forgot).

>8:30-9:30am: Get myself and Fynn ready. Stop at Tim Hortons for a coffee. Spill a little on myself.

>10:00 - Go down to Zellers. Buy white t-shirt, new underpants for Sophie, beach towel for Sophie (for daycare) diapers for Fynn and a new toothbrush for myself (how decadent!). Really want to go to the health food store and buy his environmentally friendly diapers, but am running short of time. Spend $50 at Zellers!

>10:45am: drop off t-shirt, bathing suit and beach towel at daycare. Give extra hugs and kisses to Sophie.

>11:00am: rush home because I have an 11:30am appointment with a woman named Karen who is going to give me a kick butt workout. This means I won't have to go to the gym tonight, since I'm ticking it off my list early in the day (yah!).

>11:15am: Karen is early. We put Fynn in his stroller and head for some hills that she makes me run up. And then I run down them. Nice.

12:20am: Finish with Karen. Grab a shower as I need to head into the office for a meeting. Get dressed, nurse Fynn. Grab a fruit bar.

12:50am: Drop Fynn off at the sitters'. Go to meeting. Grab a coffee, some grapes, cookie and diet coke at the meeting, because I'm starving from the workout and nursing.

1:00pm-3:30pm: meeting. Get a phone call during meeting: "Urgent message for Sheri Hamilton." Phone sitter. Fynn was hungry, but now he is munching on mushed banana. He's okay after all.

3:40pm: pick up Fynn at sitters'. Go home, get changed into shorts. Check email. Vic asks me to pick up dinner.

4:00pm-4:30pm: pick up frozen pizza, salad fixings, strawberries (a screaming deal)Real Simple magazine and an avocado (for Fynn). Trying to be a better mommy and not feed him store bought baby food.

4:30pm: pick up Sophie. Admire her tie-dye shirt. Realize that I have forgotten to return the book of raffle tickets that I'm supposed to be selling. Must return tomorrow. Give Sophie her Dora popsicle.

5:00pm: meet Vic at home. He's emptied Fynn's diaper pail (thank goodness as he had a stinky today). Prepare to feed Fynn his avocado, while Vic gets dinner on the table. Fynn does not like avocado. Fynn does not like avocado mixed with rice cereal. Surmise that Fynn is becoming a picky eater.

5:30pm: eat dinner with Sophie. Glance through my magazine. Yes, not good table manners, but tonight is swimming for Vic, so dinner is pretty casual.

6:00pm: clean up dinner;watch kids play on the floor; watch Fynn begin to lose his composure.

6:30-7:00pm: give Fynn a bath;nurse him. Bed for Fynn.

7:00-8:00pm: help Sophie with the bathroom, watch her play. Update my blog and enjoy a little quiet time with Sophie before bath and story.

3 comments:

Joanne said...

Wow! What a busy typical day. Too bad about the avocado and Mr. Fynn. We tried mashed potatoes with garlic tonight! Yum!

Mary Jo said...

That is one busy day!!
Pretty typical of life around here, but I think you've got me beat :0)
Completely impressed at your exercise, too!

Jenny L. said...

I'm tired now. I'm going to call you Super Sheri from now on. :)